Wednesday 21 May 2014

Old and New

I was meant to start the men's health workout on Monday and to tell the truth I was really looking forward to it, but when I got the workout plan I was disappointed as it was all gym based! In preparation for the new workouts I had increased my sets from three to four , which increased the length of my workout to 45-50 min's. I found that after my longer workouts I really felt it, sore muscles like in as a beginner again, and my body was shaking. Probably from low sugar levels.
   Yesterday I was thinking about what a friend of mine was saying a few weeks ago about doing 100 press ups a day for 6 weeks. At first I was thinking, 6 weeks! That's mad, but yesterday I decided to do a variation on it.
At the beginning of my workouts , after my warm up I do;
5x normal press ups.
5x diamond press ups
5x wide press ups
5x moving press ups
5x kettlebell press ups.
Rest in between as needed, but no more than 30 seconds.
Do normal extended workout and repeat at end.
Sound easy? try it. I did 50 press ups and my workout.
I can really feel it in my chest now.
#menshealth#jameswilson

No comments:

Post a Comment